Senior Project Manager (Techno-functional)
Department: Software Services
Note from Hiring Director
- Seeking a Sr. Project Manager with 13+ years of experience maintaining the right balance between hands-on technological expertise and management.
- This position will have an edge over the classic software management experience in that you will be responsible to join the senior leadership of the Software business unit in driving the company’s USP, Radical Rooting TM.
- This is a leadership role, with a focus on delivering high quality outputs through continuous process optimization.
- Champions the core values of the company.
- Brings enhancements and innovations to processes and technology used to deliver solutions.
- Position reports to Head of Operations.
- Prior experience with Start-ups and product development companies is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in any computer related field (preferably in engineering);
- Post-graduation (project management and/or business related) preferred.
- Any relevant certification focused on continual improvement and growth will be recognized.
- Certifications in Microsoft certifications on .Net or any relevant technology is a plus.
Mandatory Technical and Management Aptitudes and Experience
- Delivery Management
- Capability Management
- Software Architecture and application design
- Project Management
- Software development (ASP.NET MVC)
- Process Management — new project management methodologies
- P&L management
- Pre-sales estimation
- Code reviews
- Oversee projects leads, and help them set and meet key results for their projects
- Interact with clients to understand business objectives, project requirements and to manage expectations for the mutual benefit of the client and the SBU.
- Has handled fixed-priced projects
- Has experience in tracking project Profitability. Able to manage Operating margins will be an added advantage.
- Has managed projects using the Waterfall model as well as iterative model.
- Define and improve processes for project management, requirement capture and analysis, software development and quality assurance.
- · Help leadership of the company decide on new technologies and skills to be adopted by the SBU.
- Monitor, project and report financial health of each project, and operation as a whole
- Manage the setting and achieving of capability objectives for individuals and the software operation as a whole.
- Lead performance evaluations of individuals in the SBU
- Ask insightful questions to the clients and advice to help think beyond the current situation.
- Demonstrable track record of being the go-to person for overall execution of the projects.
- Has experience in managing projects, including work breakdown, assigning tasks to team, conducting project reviews and making changes to plan when needed
- Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management, Recruitment support.
Leadership and Communication
- Takes responsibility for the delivery of projects within contractually agreed parameters.
- Strong verbal, written and e-mail communication skills; Should maintain good relationship and communicate frequently regarding business related needs with the ability to work with multiple stake holders.
- Mentor/coach team members to
- Execute their tasks well with excellent team management skills
- To deal with crises without delay
- Regularly discusses operation health with SBU management with reference to parameters such as projects, people, processes and profit with management.
- Manage projects related crisis points effectively to bring the project back on track.
- Works with minimum supervision and with general high-level guidance to complete all assigned tasks within the specified time and quality guidelines.
- Will communicate with, elicit requirements and explain solutions to customers who are either not technical (w.r.t software technologies) or have very limited technical knowledge
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies and implements new quality standards and discusses within department
- Take corrective measures on defined processes
- Communicate with clients through mails and conference calls
- Requirements management
- Helps define scope and estimate activities and efforts for various project/deliveries being planned
- Tracking and Controlling projects
- Works closely with the team and ensures all deliveries are on time, on scope and with quality to clients
- Can work on and contribute to multiple projects/deliveries in parallel as needed
- Mentor juniors
- Provide documentation on project or technologies used in projects to marketing team
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to learn new architectural patterns
- Assist recruiting in evaluating candidates on technical and functional skills
- Come up with various process automation recommendations
- Plan and implement projects
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources
- Collect and manage project team
- Manage budget
- Allocate project resources
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Track deliverables
- Support and direct team
- Lead quality assurance
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of project
- The candidate should be willing to travel to client locations abroad if required.
- Ability to adapt and deal with situations and manage everyone’s expectations through ongoing change
- Ability to earn trust and respect from project’s stakeholders
- Ability to influence decisions that need to be made to make the project successful
- · Ability to say «No» to unreasonable requests.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to take responsibility for failures
- Can motivate and direct people
- Honesty & Integrity
- Courteous and respectful to others
Our office is under renovation and is getting a new look and infrastructure. We’ll be at a temporary co-working space until the projected work is completed.