Junior Software Engineer
Department: Software Services
Top IT services Consulting team — Bangalore, Silicon Valley of India
- Undergraduate degree in any computer related field (preferably in engineering);
- Post-graduation (project management and/or business related) preferred but not mandatory.
- Any relevant certification focused on continual improvement and growth will be recognized.
- Certifications in Microsoft certifications on .Net or any relevant technology is a plus.
Background profile & Experience
- Course Completion / Certification in .Net / Official training in a corporate environment
- Good knowledge in ASP.Net and SQL
- Good in OOPs concepts and C#
- Good listening, communication, analytical and logical skills
- Should be a good team player
- Flexible — adaptable to take up new directions, happy to work with new technologies/new priorities
- Good understanding and hands-on experience in software development on Microsoft technology stack
- Demonstrated skill sets in
- .NET & C#
- SQL Server/RDBMS
- JS Fronted Frameworks (e.g. React/VueJS/AngularJS)
- iOS — Nice-to-have
- Unit Test applications
- Study, assess, define manual/automation scripts
- Understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Comfortable with various platform/environments like Windows, Linux etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, clean, readable, reusable, and reliable code developing tools and applications.
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code.
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs in existing software, design and release fixes improving existing software
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Ask insightful questions and think beyond the current situation.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks assigned.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Can work on and contribute to multiple projects/deliveries in parallel as needed.
- Learn new technologies.
- Come up with various process automation recommendations.
- Works with minimum supervision and with general high-level guidance and complete all assigned tasks within the specified time and quality guidelines
- Communicates project status, processes, and third-party licensing details to any level within the company.
- Strong verbal, written and e-mail communication skills; Should maintain good relationship and communicate frequently regarding business related needs with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Open to outstation candidates and relocation offered for the right candidates
- Ability to adapt and deal with situations and manage everyone’s expectations through ongoing change
- Ability to earn trust and respect from project stakeholders
- Ability to influence decisions that need to be made to make the project successful
- Ability to say «No» to unreasonable requests.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to take responsibility for failures
- Can motivate and direct people
- Honesty & Integrity
- Courteous and respectful to others
Our office is under renovation and is getting a new look and infrastructure. We’ll be at a temporary co-working space until the projected work is completed.