CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER — Financial Management Services
Department: Financial Management Services (FMS)
Insight Consultants — Financial Management Services team is looking for a strategic Account Manager who is an emerging thought-leader/manager with business analysis and entrepreneurial aptitude and with strong financial accounting skills.
This job is right for you if you are an analytical person and a problem solver who can troubleshoot a complex financial/business situation with hands-on accounting skills, come up with innovative and simplified solutions following best practices, and prove the accuracy of your solutions through design-thinking offering the best value to the clients.
The winning candidate will have his/her roots in design-thinking approach to providing solutions and will have excellent experience in client management and team management with strong skill sets in credits and debits.
- 3−5 years of work experience in finance/accounting/commerce and business background in the relevant industry.
- Prior experience with Start-ups and fast-growing companies with consulting experience is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce and Business-related field (Accounting based); Pursuing/Completed CA-Inter/Indian GAAP/CPA/CMA/CFA with management background preferred.
- Post-graduation (accounting and business related) preferred but not mandatory.
- Any relevant certification focused on continual improvement and growth will be recognized.
Technical Aptitude/Mandatory Background Profile
- Strong hands-on accounting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of credit/debit, balance sheet, revenue recognition, cost analysis, accrual accounting, consolidations, analyze Profit & Loss (P&L) account and financial reporting required.
- Should champion the financial perspective to achieve business efficiency both internally and for the clients.
- Strong in MIS Reporting — Management decision support.
- Good understanding of Taxation (India / US) and knowledge in BI Tools/Data analytics is an advantage
- Client Management
- Account management.
- Ensuring that client (s) stay delighted.
- Focused on adding value and growing the client account.
- Strong verbal, written and e-mail communication skills
- Should maintain good relationship with all the stakeholders and communicate frequently regarding business related.
- Crisis Management
- Team Management
- Team and respective client account management
- Good team player
- Lead and Mentor team members
- Demonstrate continual Learning ability
- Analytical thinking
- Strong in analytical thinking with technical applications of data/financial analysis along with strong problem-solving ability.
- Technological Expertise
- Proficiency in identifying appropriate cloud-based tools and technologies relevant to client ecosystem to digitize the workflow to support both client and internal management with an optimized and controlled approach.
- Knowledge in cloud accounting packages like QuickBooks/ZOHO/XERO preferred.
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Strong verbal, written and e-mail communication skills in a professional, business-like demeanor providing valuable analysis and expert opinions with systemic engagement with clients; astute in client account management.
- Should maintain good relationship and communicate frequently regarding business related needs with the ability to work with multiple stake holders.
- The person should have a good grounding and experience in debits/credits and ability to make meaningful insightful reports on MIS.
- Ask insightful questions to the clients and advice to help think beyond the current situation. E.g.: «Why don’t you consider using Receipt Bank?» for technology optimization.
- Demonstrable track record of being the go-to person for overall management of various client account (s) and the teams involved.
Leadership, Team Building & Business Aptitude
- Having excellent design-thinking that integrates customer emotion and empathy, utilizing the possibilities of digital tech and analytics contributing to business success through innovative ways.
- Strong focus on providing the best client service and solutions with proven record of account growth.
- Excellent leadership qualities: Competent enough to build teams/lead/direct/train/mentor under your leadership and a strong team player.
- Exposure in dealing with International clients will add benefit to this position.
- Must have good decision-making skills with regards to operational decisions by recommending procedural/process changes in-line with client’s expectations and ecosystem.
Role you will play
- Monitoring each client account, evaluating the gaps, study business goals and key data flows to realign, improve and manage them to achieve actionable insights for the decision-maker.
- Alerts on business unit bottom line.
- Engaging the teams as well as the client (s) to address gaps through effective communication
- Trouble shooting problems, executing the root-cause analysis and implementing solutions.
- Consistent in maintaining the team coordination.
- Demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking while providing solutions.
- Set systems in place that track and meet the quality standards.
- Exceptional ability to inspire team members, drive outcomes, overcome adversity, hold people accountable, build strong relationships, and make better decisions based on performance.
- Appreciate and acknowledge team members' achievements.
- Setting and holding accountability to Goals.
- Process management, documentation and ongoing improvement of process.
- Customer centricity — ability to understand customer pain points.
- Digitize and automate with technology.
- Identify context changes in client account that deserve escalation to the reporting manager.
- Strong account growth perspective.
- Problem solving under pressure.
- Adapting to the dynamic industry of the client engagement and suggesting changes.
- Knowledge and keeping current/up-to-date information with market changes; Market awareness.
- Strong verbal, written and e-mail communication skills; Effective communication with all stakeholders (supervisors, subordinates, clients and other functions).
- Quick learner and leaning attitude
- Build trust
Our office is under renovation and is getting a new look and infrastructure. We’ll be at a temporary co-working space until the projected work is completed.